Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Wonder how i spent my Valentine's Day?!?!? curious ba... *thick skin xp
Initially, today i would spend the time with gabriel they all having bible study..but in the end it was cancelled due to v day that Riverwalk office there was closed today. lolx
So ended up going to orchard with val since she wanna go shopping...so she's my DATE!!! haha lolx. initially thought of having dinner @ wheelock Sakae Sushi...BUT! filled with people! and the longer we walked.. the more couples we saw...the more flowers we saw! haha.. then val got crazy.. and 'come on let's go have our dinner together and stare at each other' lolx haha
thought we both dun hve partner but we still got flowers and bears! thanks to yongjie! so sweet of him!
this is mine... lolx love it!




also recieved chocolates from mave..tks!
so in the end we went to far east Ramen Ten (was my first time eating that) but it was nice! heheex.. and also first time drinking this...(sua ku right?)
after dinner.. we went for shopping for val's CNY clothings.. but in the end we walked many rounds..and didnt get anything...but i saw Elieem Chew (dunno spell correct or not..)77th Street Boss @ Far east..Guess what! i not only see her once~! but thrice!!! haha worst still at different places of far east plaza. lolx. fated?!?!? hahahaha
i am now back at home.. packing the things to bring back to msia.. here and there...(er.. guess tmr morning then pack.. cos i am super duper tired) and also i just submitted my online application for NTU... though there are given 6 choices for me to select.. i only selected 1! and that is communication studies! haha Pray for me! If He can do it once, He can do it AGAIN!
actually i could have submitted the admission application early part of feb.. but because i was struggling bout what to write for my personal essay which was required in the application..and finally yesterday i wrote finished and sent to sheena to help me to edit.. and here it is...
Share an event or incident you have encountered personally and why and/or how it has affected you or is especially meaningful to you (LESS THAN 300 words)
A few months back, in 2006, I made the decision of being a recording artiste of an artiste school.
Prior to that, I was enrolled in singing and stage performance lessons as they have always been my passion. Unexpectedly after a few lessons, the chief producer of the artiste school told me that he wanted to sign me on as his recording artiste! I was stunned as it had never occurred to me that I would have this opportunity of a lifetime.
In my thoughts, I wondered why I was the one chosen instead of so many other talented students in my class. At that point of time, I would not deny that I was thrilled and wanted to be their artiste. He gave me time to think and discuss about it with my parents.
However, at the next meeting, I informed him of my decision without discussing it with my parents. I felt bad because I made the choice according to my desire and did not regard the importance of my parents’ views.
When I plucked up the courage and called my mother, a hint of sadness and disappointment could be heard through the phone. She asked me that even though I really love singing, there was no need to go to the extent of being an artiste.
That statement crushed my mood. At that moment, I felt my mother did not understand me and doubted the decision that I made. I knew she was worried for me. However, I felt that though life offers many opportunities, chances like these are rare. I told myself I should seize this opportunity since it has been given to me.
Though this decision brought me lots of distress and turmoil during that time, I never once regretted the decision that I made.
i was stumbled initially to write about my contract thing *though i didnt mention the contract thing in the essay* as i wasnt sure if it was appropriate..then i asked karen if i should, then she said go ahead. anyway thats the only thing i could think of writing it...
okok le.. i go slp le ciao! happy new yr guys!
"Giving up a chance is easy,
but Getting a chance is not easy"
-----------------------------------------------------
11:53 PM